Post new topic   Reply to topic    Confused Organisation Forum Index -> Applications
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bbm67

re: App: Bbm67

The application submitted by Bbm67 is as follows:

Quote:
Name : Vervada
Game : World of Warcraft
Server : EU - English - Xavius
Level : 85
Faction : Alliance
Race : Gnome
Class : Rogue
Spec 1 : Combat
Spec 2 : Assass.

WoW Armory
WoW Heroes

What is your name?:
Packolet Mitch

What is your date of birth ? (To get accepted you need to be over 18 years old):
23/08/91

What is your nationality?:
Belgian

What is the name of the character you are applying for?:
Vervada

Is this your main character?:
Yes

Which class does your character belong to?:
Rogue

What is the race of your character?:
Gnome

Describe your character's talent specification.:
combat, to provide a continued and stabile dps output,not a burst and bye bye dps

Please provide your character's relevant unbuffed stats, e.g. amount of +healing if you're a healer.:
ap 15247 agi 5190 expertise 29/29 hit +16.33%

Please provide your Armory link URL.:
http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/xavius/Vervada/simple

What professions and levels do you have?:
enchanting 525 and skinning 525

Please tell us about your raiding experiences to date. Include any 10-man or heroic instances you've taken part in.:
my overall experience was in vanilla , tbc and WOTLK but with cata i really didnt raid that much becausei had some irl bad times that are over for a time now and descided to transfer my char here so i could join xando in hes epic quests.

How do you prepare for a raid?:
read up tacs, tell my gf that she wont get any attention tonight, buy flasks, check dps output, buy food and hug computer and wish it good luck

Which addons do you use for raiding?:
DBM, recount,omen,pitbull,grid and buffenough

What do you enjoy most about raiding?:
i like the teamwork to achieve something that you couldnt have dreamed about on dooing on your own.

What irritates you most during a raid?:
poeple nagging all the time and slacking.

What in-game accomplishments are you most proud of?:
i'm proud that i've played in the wow beta before the officional launch of the vanilla wow.

Do you have any alts? Please tell us about them.:
i have a lvl 85 paladin called rozak, hes holy and situated on turalyon, also i have a lvl 85 death knight specced frost and blood for a dps/tank combo, called Bbm. i also have a lvl 83 holy priest, also have a 2nd rogue at lvl 83 on turalyon.

How much time do you spend online, and how often can we expect you to be available for raiding?:
to much according to my gf, around 4-5 hours a day but thats without raiding.

Please tell us about other guilds you've been a member of. Why did you leave?:
i've been in dutch inc on turalyon, left them becausei couldnt joint teir raiding ranks altough i improved my gear all the time, but they wont let me. then i've been in asherons exiles , left them to come to this server.

Are there any current members of Organised Confusion who can provide a reference for you?:
Xando

Where did you hear about Organised Confusion?:
From Xando and on the server guild rankings site.

What are you hoping to get from being a member of Organised Confusion?:
i hope to find a team that i could reinforce where needed, to acomplish encounters that i couldnt do on my own. and a fun gang of people to game with.

What can we expect from you as a guild member?:
i can offer a focussed player that loves to learn and work in a team and not easely distracted. also a social player that loves to play together and help poeple.

Have you read, do you accept, and do you agree to be bound by our Guild Charter?:
Yes

Is there any additional information you would like to add to this application?:
thanks for reading my apply and hope to join your ranks soon.

Application Availability Info:
Sunday -> 2x a Month
Monday -> 2x a Month
Tuesday -> 2x a Month
Wednesday -> 2x a Month
Thursday -> 2x a Month
Friday -> 2x a Month
Saturday -> 2x a Month
Jamsterdam
Trial

re: APPROVED - App: Bbm67 - by Karamaryllis

DPS spots are very tight. even right now sometimes people have to be left out, you will have to earn your spot....

other than that i dont really see many problems - 8/8 raid finder is a start and the differences can easily be taught, i would advise getting a few LFR pieces of tier and such though.

cant really say much in the aspect of spec, gems and enchants as i dont play as combat on mine, would appreciate anarc/oggiva's opinions on spec glyphs and what not.

so long as you understand that you wont always get a spot in the group, wont get legendary crystals until after others are completed and are okay with missing out from time to to time, i vote yes

(we have 3 rogues already, anarc, oggiva and jimmydigital. anarc gets the legendarys next week, whilst jimmy is on part 2 of the quest - they both run in seperate groups so you will get yours from group 2 after jimmy i should imagine)
sufero
Trial

hey there.nice app imo but as jam said we are pretty much full on dps. gearing up is not a problem since everyone here pretty much wont need tier pieces etc. ur attendance should be focused on wednesday/thursday since these are the days when we clear DS so if u could attend these 2 more i think u should be ok.i'd say yes but keep in mind that there wont always be an open raiding spot.thanks for applying and good luck Happy

re: Vervada

Hey again,

i'm aware of the not always having a spot in the raid but i'm not a hardcore raider so i dont really bother on not raiding sometimes, further i'm dooing lfr alot but i'm unfortunate in rolling all the time so i just do it with my VP.

Hope this is a good addition to assure you that i dont have a problem with the raiding part, i can do wensdays but i'm following night school on wensdays , this is temperarily and is just for one or one and a half month that i cant do wensdays, after that i can.

Yours sincirely

Vervada.

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Karamaryllis
Officer

I like this application.
And he seems ok with the fact he won't be in every raid... so give him a trial spot, imo.

Quote:
Describe your character's talent specification.:
combat, to provide a continued and stabile dps output,not a burst and bye bye dps

Is this how you feel about the other specs? Have you never found yourself wanting more burst?

Quote:
cant really say much in the aspect of spec, gems and enchants as i dont play as combat on mine, would appreciate anarc/oggiva's opinions on spec glyphs and what not.

Spec:

His combat spec is as cookie cutter as they come. Good.

The glyphs however is a little off. Firstly you should replace the Glyph of Revealing Strike with Glyph of Sinister Strike. GoSS is the best glyph you can have as combat. You have all the dps improving Major glyphs, but I'd suggest that you take Feint instead of Garrote. It is just more useful in a raid environment. Feint is the most OP ability in the whole of Dragon Soul, Silence doesn't work on bosses.

The subtlety spec is a wacky good-for-nothing spec with assassination glyphs.

Reforges:

You have reforged out of crit, which is good. It is our worst stat as combat. You haven't reforged into any haste, which is bad. It is our best non-capable stat.

You have missed two of the most important caps by quite a bit. You have over 100 hit rating more than you should and almost 100 expertise rating more than you should. The expertise rating is in fact close to what you would have if you were a non gnome/human.

In general you have reforged very few of you pieces (about half of them). I find that as a rogue you usually reforge almost everything you have.

Is all this because a lack of knowledge? Is it because you just acquired new pieces and haven't gotten around to reforging (Last piece gotten 2 weeks ago)? Or is it just laziness?

Gearing:

Strength trinket -.-
Really?

You should consider getting 2 pieces of t12 for the set bonus.

Enchanting:

+10 stats on chest. There is both a cheap and expensive Cataclysm variant of this enchant. +20 is the best you can have, and it wouldn't surprise me if the +15 is cheaper that what you currently got.

+35 ap on gloves. +50 haste is basically free, and it is very close in performance to the expensive +65 mastery. (In your case almost exactly as good.)

+50 hit on wrist. If you want a cheap enchant go for +50 haste. If you want the best use +50 agility.

Legs. Again, if you want to be cheap use the Scorched Leg Armor. If not use Dragonscale Leg Armor. Stamina/agi is wrong.

On back there is also a +65 crit version, but I would do like you and use +50 til I got the valor one.

Gemming:

Dafuq is this? O.o
6/15 gems are correct. (Head, shoulders, daggers)

6x agi/crit gems. Crit is just as bad when gemming as when reforging. Worst. (Not counting resilience or dodge). Agi/mastery and agi/haste are both better. Haste one being the best.

You should never use +40 hit gems.
You should never use +40 haste gems.

Red/prismatic sockets should always get filled with +40 agility gems. Everything else should be agi/x, where x is depending on socket colour and socket bonus. (In some cases full agi is the way to go.)

Last words:

Shadowcraft
This site is your best friend as a rogue.

The stock specs under "talents and glyphs" give you the best talents + glyphs for single target damage along with lists ranking each glyph/talent compared to the others.

Short guide on how to optimize you character in Shadowcraft:
0. Go to the "Gear" tab.
1. Click on the enchant for every gear piece and pick the best one you can use. (Based on professions/gold)
2. Click the "Optimize Gems" button.
3. Click the "Auto-Reforge All" button.
4. Apply changes to in game character.
5. Profit.

I also recommend reading the guide on Elitistjerks. It has good information about the preferred rotation and also a more in depth explanation of why you want the different talents/stats.
Bbm67

re: Reply

HEllo again,

The sub spec was done for a test and havent respecced yet as that spec is normally asasi,

The unreforged items i because i didnt know what to stqck it in as i'm hit and exp capped as i knew before.

the rest you're totaly right and i shall be using the stuff you advised and use the shadowcraft website.

Thanks for the advise.

yours sincirely,
Vervada

Guest Post Rules are In Effect for this Post
Oggiva
Trial

Quote:
The sub spec was done for a test and havent respecced yet as that spec is normally asasi

I assumed it was something like this, so I didn't bother spending any time on it.

I like this guy =)
Karamaryllis
Officer

He's belgian
he's a friend of Xando
he's ok with not getting a raid spot for every raid
he's been open to improvement concerning his spec...

What more do we expect ?

Approved... whisper an officer for you invite.

Page 1 of 1

Jump to: